Five Simple Exercises You Can Do Anywhere
Updated: Jul 18
Summer is always a great time to recommit to your #BodyGoals. And, although COVID-19 may not allow us to take advantage of summer in the traditional ways we’d like as most gyms are closed and workout classes are canceled, we can still make an effort to make time for our fitness. Below are some common and reliable exercises to keep your body toned - no equipment required!
1. Squats. This simple strength exercise tones, tightens and firms up your entire body, especially your legs and bottom. Just be sure to keep your chest up as you bend your knees!
2. Push-ups. This classic move engages your core, biceps, triceps, deltoids, and lower body. Because a push-up uses many muscle groups at once, it’s been proven that it can cause your heart to work harder to get oxygen-rich blood to your muscles and thus can also be a form of cardiovascular exercise that increases heart health. Who knew?!
3. Lunges. A lunge is completed when you step forward with one leg and bend your knees while the other leg is positioned behind. You are working your flutes, hamstrings and calves. Try to focus on one leg at a time as that helps improve your balance and symmetry.
4. Jumping Jacks. Now, this one immediately takes me back to my high school PE class. Ah, the good old days. It’s a simply way to burn fat and get your cardio exercise in while toning and strengthening your muscles. Be sure to raise your hands fully over your head!
5. Planks. Now, I am the first to admit that I struggle with planks and have never been great at them. But, practice makes perfect, right? Although it looks simple, a plank can be a bit more difficult than some of the other above exercises but the good news is you’re working the entirety of your core—including the transverse abdominus, rectus abdominus, and obliques. Try to challenge yourself to see how long you can hold it!
No matter the circumstance, keep your body moving and give those muscles some love. And, of-course don’t forget to use your BROWN GIRL jane Whipped CBD Body Butter afterwards to help calm and ease any soreness. Let’s get it!