What's In Your Self-Care Toolkit?
Updated: Jun 13
It’s no secret that 2020 has been...A LOT! While supporting your mental, spiritual and physical well-being has always been important, during times like these the need is even more evident.
Like most of you, my days can be chaotic. Being a mom, wife and entrepreneur, isn’t always easy and there are times when I’m left feeling exhausted. Therefore, I make a conscious effort each day to tap into what we at BROWN GIRL jane call our “self-care toolkit”.
Your self-care toolkit are the items that you need to help center and balance yourself in order to keep your mind, body and spirit in check. Here’s a few things in mine:
1. BROWN GIRL jane. I seriously don’t know how I would be able to properly function without taking my daily tinctures. They help remove my anxiety and provide me with additional focus during my normal routines. BALANCE tincture, I’m looking at you!
2. Water. The first thing I do when I wake up is drink a glass of water and I make an effort to drink water continuously throughout the day. The cells and organs of the body need water to function properly. Hydration does a body good!
3. Positive Affirmations & Prayer. Positive affirmations are statements that help me overcome any negative thoughts that occasional try to creep in. I’ve found that they truly help me manifest and attract what I want in life. Prayer is also vital. I often couple my daily prayer with affirmations.
4. Focusing on Gratitude. When I acknowledge what I am thankful for (instead of what is lacking) I immediately feel happier. Recognizing your blessings is vital to a positive mindset.
5. Moving My Body. I am certainly no exercise buff, but I do find that whatever I can do each day to make sure my body is moving helps. Going for a walk or hopping on the elliptical for 15 minutes have been my favorite go-to activities lately.
6. Conversations With My Girls. I live for my talks with my sisters and girlfriends - they understand me in ways that my husband just can’t and fill me with joy and constant laughter. The sisterhood is real, y’all!
What are some of the things in your self-care toolkit? I'd love to hear what keeps you centered. Whatever those things are, remind yourself to allocate some time to doing them...because you absolutely deserve it!